Do you enjoy your nights and weekends off? Our dining accounts generally operate between during regular corporate business days and our cafe locations run from approximately 7am - 3pm, Monday - Friday.
The Chef Manager of the cafe location with Corporate Dining Inc. is directly responsible for the hands-on management of all culinary services of the account, including daily breakfast and lunch service, catering (internal and external), café staff management and maintaining strong building relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and serve daily features alongside the a la carte offerings, utilizing fresh (not value-added) proteins, fruits, vegetables, pastries, soups, and other items to apply a “scratch kitchen” environment
- Design weekly menus that incorporate Rotisserie items, Action stations, Main Entrees, Soups, and unique sandwich features on a weekly basis
- Hands-on production of daily soups, features, catering, and other prepared items in the kitchen; all items tasted by the Chef and tweaked (if necessary) before creating presentation plates and serving to guests
- Follow company recipes as they are developed by the Corporate Chef and distributed when applicable
- Properly plan menus and order from all vendors routinely and in advance to ensure that all product is in-house for utilization
- Successfully integrate one company culinary promotion per month in the account
- Maintain daily production records, illustrating daily production plan, daily prep lists, made/sold feature counts, and other information based upon sales and other environmental factors that may affect business
- Execution of daily food service (quality, technique, portion, presentation, timeliness and food cost control) and completion of all administrative duties (daily sales cash sheets, flash reports, payroll, weekly or period-ending inventory, product ordering) while managing the account
- Effectively carry out and enforce all Standard Operating Procedures and other company-driven guidelines in reference to administrative duties and culinary programs; all paperwork to be completed at EOD
- Organize and inventory all coolers, freezers, storage areas (dry store, catering room, beverage room, FOH cabinets) on a weekly basis; clean as necessary
- Author and maintain employee schedules and break schedules to ensure “all hands on deck” for peak service hours (7a-9a, 11a-1p), enforcing appropriate clock-in/clock-out functions through the POS
- Properly label and date all food preparation for storage; abide by the local county sanitation and health code standards to confirm that we are serving food and beverages in a safe environment with consistency
- Work the necessary hours in the account to accomplish all of these goals and exceed the expectations of the account, with a general schedule for the manager revolving around Mon-Fri from 5:45a to 2:30p (special occasions, sparse weekend caterings, or other circumstances may dictate otherwise)
- Current ServSafe certification
- Have reliable transportation to and from the work location
- Strong organizational skills, client relations, and hands-on leadership
- 8+ years of previous foodservice or restaurant culinary experience
- 3+ years of culinary management experience including food ordering, inventory, production records, employee hiring, employee coaching, and employee termination
- Possess EXCELLENT customer service skills and show willingness to always please our guests
- Culinary school education a bonus!
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work as part of a TEAM
- Professional communication skills – verbal and written
- Paying attention to details and operating with high efficiency
- Able to stand for the entire shift
- Able and willing to lift up to 50lbs (as needed)
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Kitchen Management: 3 years
Required license or certification:
Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401 Benefits Available after a specific waiting period